Sharp Replacing A3 Lineup with 22 New Advanced or Essential Models
Series speaks to hybrid working and increased collaboration
Sharp Electronics Corporation (SEC) recently announced the launch of its first seven new color models, ranging in speeds from 26-45 ppm, for a total of 22 devices that will be rolled out over the coming months. Four additional models will release later this summer, with the remaining hardware launching in the fall. These latest generation devices will replace Sharp’s complete lineup of A3 office color and monochrome models.
Aimed at hybrid working, these devices bring several new features designed to help with seamless and secure cloud collaboration as well as improved productivity, including:
- Scan and print data from your Teams folders or other popular cloud services
- Quickly connect to mobile devices to print and scan files
- Synappx Go app enables contactless print and scan operation
- Supports latest security standards and includes features such as system integrity check at startup, firmware attack prevention with self-recovery, and optional Bitdefender antivirus (coming this summer)
- Scan documents at up to 280 ipm with the 300-sheet duplexing single-pass feeder on Advanced series models for improved document digitization
- The new inner folding unit offers a variety of fold patterns, including trifold and z-fold, without taking up any extra floor space
Models shipping in April include the BP-70C31, BP-70C36, and BP-70C45 for the Advanced range as well as the BP-50C26, BP-50C31, BP-50C36, and BP-50C45 for the Essential range.
New Model vs. Predecessor Feature Comparison
Sharp has adopted a new naming convention, dropping the “MX” range name in favor of “BP”. The next two digits indicate Essential models (50) or Advanced models (70). Color devices are indicated with a C, and model speed is now the last two digits rather than the first two digits for predecessor products.
Keypoint Intelligence Opinion
This fifth generation update of the complete Essential and Advanced lineup of A3 office color and monochrome models from Sharp brings some great feature improvements for productive scanning; a broader choice of finishing options; as well as flexible, safe, and secure hybrid working styles. The addition of Microsoft Teams to enhance the connected cloud services reflects an increase in remote and hybrid collaboration tools driving digital transformation. We look forward to assessing the products in our lab.