InfoTrends, a division of Keypoint Intelligence, is pleased to announce a new multi-client study entitled Sizing Ink & Toner E-Commerce: Mapping the Impact of China and Third-party Supplies. This study will help ink and toner OEMs better understand the threats the e-commerce marketplace landscape represents.
Purchasing supplies through e-commerce marketplaces is risky for both OEMs and end users. Preliminary results from InfoTrends’ Business Purchasing Survey show about 20% of businesses report they “shop the internet” among the top two ways in which they buy ink and toner cartridges. Among the 20%, almost half of those businesses reported issues with product purchases.
“We believe that e-commerce represents the largest threat of third-party toner and inkjet cartridges to the OEMS and domestic remanufacturers,” commented John Shane, Director at InfoTrends. “This creates a serious marketing challenge as both the customer experience and brand integrity can be negatively impacted.”
There are several risk factors that vendors face:
- E-Commerce marketplaces offer supplies buyers a bewildering assortment of ink and toner cartridges
- Remans, new-build compatibles, unknowns
- Many third-party inks and toners sold on the internet appear to be patent or trademark infringing
- Third-party supplies on the internet are often 20% of the price of OEM supplies
- Users may or may not be receiving the products that they are expecting
- Competitive manufacturing sources are frequently unknown
Results of this study will:
- Qualify the impact of e-commerce marketplaces
- Size the annual units and revenues (at final sale) of inkjet and toner cartridges by internet-based retailers
- Identify key industry marketing challenges
- Profile the customer purchase process, product, and overall experience from a cross-section of internet-based retailers
- Profile the customers of inkjet and toner cartridges from internet-based retailers and understand their characteristics, behavior, and experiences
- Distill multiple data sources to characterize the impact of third-party supplies on the internet
For more information on Sizing Ink & Toner E-Commerce: Mapping the Impact of China and Third-party Supplies, please view our online brochure or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early subscriber rates are available through July 31, 2017. Early subscribers have the opportunity to review and contribute to the project’s survey questions prior to the survey launch.
InfoTrends is the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the imaging, document solutions, production print, and digital media industries. We provide insights and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and grow their business. For media inquiries contact Donna O'Malley at email@example.com or+1 781.616.2116.
About Keypoint Intelligence
Keypoint Intelligence is a global data and market intelligence leader for the digital imaging industry. The company has over 125 professionals around the world who provide critical planning and go-to-market services, including in-depth market research, competitive intelligence, sales training, product testing, content creation, and customer engagement. For more information, contact Mike Fergus at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 973.797.2150.